Yum Cha Dim Sum Pocket Guide (English version)
- iPhone OS3.0 support
- Cantonese pronunciations voice read-out function added
If you love Chinese Dim Sum (known as "Yum Cha" in some places), this pocket guide is an indispensable tool for you to discover more about this popular Chinese tradition.
Wherever you go, the Yum Cha Pocket Guide in your iPhone or iPod Touch provides handy information of over 100 popular Dim Sum items available in most Chinese Restaurants in the world.
Each Dim Sum in the guide comes with:
- a clear picture showing what the item looks like
- description in English telling you what it is
- its name in Chinese writing so that the local Chinese know what you are talking about
- its standard Mandarin PinYin (pronunciation) if you want to learn how to say it properly
- information about key ingredients (especially useful for people with food allergy)
- estimated energy content (Kcal/100g serving) for the health conscious minds
- Cantonese pronunciations of the food names in real native voice for those interested to learn
Dim Sum items are grouped by food type, key ingredients and estimated energy content. These classifications are accessible through three tab buttons such that you can find what you want to focus on.
To help you locate items which you don't even have an exact idea what they are called, the guide provides a handy search function based on partial text matching of the food description. The search result refines itself while you enter more information (also known as incremental searching).
A bookmark feature is also included. You can add Dim Sum items you like to the Favorites List. Just show this list to the order-taker when placing order or use it as a reference when you prepare the order form.
Always remember to take the Yum Cha Pocket Guide to go with you !
Please also check out our Hong Kong Style Cafe Pocket Guide in the iTunes App Store.
Note: The actual food ingredients and energy contents may vary depending on the provider.